Monday, January 14, 2013

Sock Monkey Applique

Several years ago I saw this super cute sock monkey applique tutorial shirt on Angela's blog.  I fell in love with it and filed it away in my "to make someday" folder.  Then along came time to plan MM's first birthday party (last May, I'm posting a little late).  Hmm, what kind of theme should I go with?  I have kind of become a huge sock monkey fan in the last couple of years and thought it would make a fun theme.  Plus it's perfect because one of MM's nicknames is Monkey Man.

So, I made a little sock monkey bunting to hang on the wall...

Made a monkey birthday cake...

 Made a sock monkey for the birthday boy...


And finally made the sock monkey applique shirt that I had bookmarked years before...

I think the shirt is so cute, but even cuter when worn by this little guy...

No comments: